Central European University (CEU), one of the world’s leading universities of social sciences, humanities and business according to the influential QS World University Ranking, now has its new campus at 51 Quellenstrasse in Favoriten, at the heart of Vienna’s multicultural 10th District, one of the city’s most diverse locales.
Following an ambitious multimillion euro refurbishment, a 6-story building welcomed incoming CEU students in autumn 2019. When converted into a collaborative working and learning environment, and at almost 20,000 sqm, the premises will be home to CEU Vienna - an academic community of students, faculty and staff in what is one of the world’s great university cities.
Phase I (Academic Year 2019-2020)
CEU is moving to three floors of about 12000 sqm and includes:
- 24 classrooms and 3 computer labs. Classroom technology will include smartboards and a ClickShare system. The technology will allow the two campuses to communicate with each other virtually.
- Library: 1200sqm, appr. 150 seats, to be expanded in Phase 2. There will be computer workstations, collaboration labs with screens, self-checkout system and copy stations.
- Auditorium with 200 seats.
- Cafe: similar concept as in Budapest, not only providing coffee and snacks but also designed as a dual learning and social space.
- Social space: large community kitchen, co-working area, study corners and meeting rooms.
Phase II (Academic Year 2020-2021) will conclude the refurbishment of the Quellenstrasse premises: by September 2020 an additional 8,000 sqm space will cater for the educational space requirements of about 1,500 strong student body, including the first undergraduate programs of CEU in Austria.